Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday, February 25

Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation,and sustain in me a willing spirit. Psalm 51.11-12


When Jesus departed from this earth, he left us the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort us. But it is too easy to live in our busy world and forget our guide- to let our cares and duties distract us from Jesus's comfort and consolation- the Holy Spirit.


Help me, Lord, to be present with your Holy Spirit that resides within me. Help me remember Your guiding spirit that whispers your message to me daily. Help me to shut out the noise of the world and listen to your word. Amen.

Elder Ronna Grimes

1 comment:

John Wilkinson said...

thanks Rona -- a good reminder at the beginning of Lent

John