Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday, February 26

Show me your paths and teach me to follow; guide me by your truth and teach me. Your keep me safe, and I always trust you. Psalm 25:4-5


Reading this made me wonder, what if we did ask for guidance and put our trust in God to see us through. What if before every big meeting or big decision, we took a moment to ask God's guidance? What if when we walked into the playroom and found a mess or when the teenager forgets to call, we asked for God's guidance? It's like the advice that when in a stressful situation, one should count to ten and take a deep breath before saying something. What if instead of counting to ten, we said a silent prayer, asking for guidance and ultimately trusting that God will help us say or do the right thing.


God, help us to remember to seek your guidance, ask for help to find the path, and trust in your constant presence. Amen.

Deacon Jenny Hutkowski

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny: 1st Pres of Chili has an online prayer chain that begins with this Scripture reading from Philippians 4:6-7:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer & petition, with thanksgiving , present your requests to God, and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts & your minds in Christ Jesus."
As a chronic worrier, I read this every morning & pray that it's lasts me through the day. Thanks for your reminder.