Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday, February 24

by Elizabeth Laidlaw, Deacon
The water that I will give will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life. John 4:13
When I boot up my computer each morning, my homepage takes me to a live webcam on Sanibel Island in Florida. I am greeted with the lulling vision of waves rolling in and out, caressing the beach. For me, the ministry of Third Church members washes over Rochester (and Louisiana and Kenya) in waves of love….sometimes smoothing over rough times, sometimes bringing food or removing obstacles for each other, sometimes agitating the landscape for change, sometimes just being there in stillness. Christ’s love, which moves through us in these waves, sustains me.

Loving God, help me during this Lenten season, to feel the energy of your son’s love and use the power of that love to do your work here and now. Amen

No comments: