Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday, March 27

"If anyone serves me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall my servant also be; if any one serves me, the Father will honor him." John 20:26


How do we follow and serve Jesus? What is He asking of us? How do we proceed in a world so overwhelmed with human violence and misery? Perhaps we must look for Him in all the colorful and varied faces of the world, in the young and the old, in the poor, the hungry, and the homeless, whether here in Rochester, New Orleans, Kenya, or in places we have yet to encounter. He is also there, in the faces of our families and others who share our daily lives.


Gracious God, Help us to see Jesus in the faces of all your people and help us to serve you by responding with respect and love for each one. Help us to share of ourselves and our resources so we may spread, in ever widening circles, the love you gave to us in your son, Jesus. Amen

Elder Susan Spaulding

No comments: